Peak Palatka 5020m
The route: along the western ridge
Category of difficulty: 3A
The duration of the season: from 15 June to 30 September.
Brief description of the tour. From the resort Altyn - Arashan it seems quite close, and ice falls on its north wall attract the eyes of climbers. The north wall is complex and is available only for experienced climbers, but our guides, developed a route that allows beginners to climb to the top.
Duration of climbing 8 days + 1 day in case of bad weather. Route is snow - ice.Plan of climbing by days:
- Day 1 – Briefing of the program, selection of equipment and meal.
- Day 2 - We are reaching Altyn Arashan by car (2 hours) and then walk to Eki Chat place (4-5 hours walk). Accommodation in tents.
- Day 3 - Walking to the bottom of the pass Hatiga, (5-6 hours walking).
- Day 4 - Climbing over the pass Hatiga, (5-6 hours walking).
- Day 5 - Ascent to the top of the peak Palatka and descend over the Pass Hatiga (10-12 hours climbing)
- Day 6 - Descent to confluence of Takyr Tor rivers. There will be o good opportunity to see wild hot springs. (5-6 hours walk).
- Day 7 - Descent to the valley Altyn Arashan and relaxing in hot springs. Dinner and bed in the guesthouse. (3-5 hours walk).
- Day 8 – Walking down by Altyn-Arashan valley up to beginning of the valley. Meeting with the car and returning to Karakol. Short city tour. End of the program.
Climbers should have their own equipment and staff for climbing. Possibility to rent all the necessary equipment.
- 1. Climbing harness
- 2. Anchoring, protection (prusik- 2 items 0.5m)
- 3. Carabiner, biner (3 for each one)
- 4. Crampons
- 5. Ice-axe
- 6. Jumar, ascender
- 7. Helmet
- 8. Figure-8 (gear or knot), Munter hitch
The climatic conditions: This trip passes at altitude of 2,000 to 5020 meters, in the area of glaciers. In case of good weather temperature rises up to + 30C during day time, and may fall to 5-10C at night. In case of bad weather temperature may fall to 5C during day time, and drop to minus during night time. Sometimes it snows, snows with rain and biting wind. The weather is unstable in august. The weather may change quickly several times a day. Protracted rains are possible. That’s why sleeping bag shouldn’t be less than “medium” class, with comfortable conditions up to -10C. Also must have: windbreaker, water-repellent, thermal underwear, fleece sweater, mountain shoes suitable for crampons, spare shoes sandals ( it is possible cross the river ford), sunglasses, cap, gloves, flashlight, headlight, supergaiters, rainwear.
The price includes:
- Transfer by 4-wheel car
- English speaking guide and one assistant (food and equipment of guide and assistant)
- Groups more than 5 persons are provided with 2 assistants of guide
- Meal, porters, equipment and etc.
- Hotel accommodation and etc. not mentioned in the price of the program
Equipment and items for trekking part:
Recommended to have
WATERWhile on a trek, you are in the wild to enjoy the nature and the thrill of it. Its very important that you stay healthy and do not take ill on the trek to have a joyful experience in the wild. Water is important during trekking, we are providing boiled water or tea/coffee during breakfast, lunch, dinner, however boiling the water is limited, and it is not enough if you will need to fill up your bottles for next day. Water can be a cause of stomach problems on a trek. On the other hand, you need to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Water in some hills are also the source of water for animals and wild animals on the higher area. Always fetch water from running streams. The faster the better. Stagnant water has high risk of bearing pathogens, irrespective of the cold surrounding. Whereas, as fast gushing water has very low chances of bearing pathogens in it. It even has less particulate materials. You will be able to fill up water from natural springs, it’s the best as it acts as a natural filter and has very less chances of having particles in it. Local people same as a lot of tourist don't have a problems to drink water from the source, however if you are not sure please bring water cleaning pills with you for the trek from your homeland. You will not be able to find water cleaning pills in Kyrgyzstan.
LUGGAGE ON TOUR
TRECKKING GRADEYou need to have a good level of fitness and previous trekking experience is recommended. Trekking days are generally longer, challenging and at higher altitudes up to 3800 meters. Terrain may be difficult and ascents and descents are often demanding, especially during rain or snow.
INSURANCETravel insurance is NOT included. We recommend that clients have their own travel insurance against illness, injury, loss/damage to personal belongings. In case of emergency our staff will make all the best to delivery you to hospital or other point and solve your problem, insurance will cover your charges, if you don't have insurance, you will be required to cover charges by yourself.
MEALBreakfast: consist some of following dishes: Porridge, omelet, omelet with fried sausages, pancakes, scrambled eggs with sausage, boiled eggs and etc + bread, jam, butter, honey, sweets, tea/coffee. Lunch boxes or lunch: Dried fruits, chocolate, yogurt, juice, cheese, sandwich, vegetables/fruits and tea/coffee. Dinner: Our cooks is preparing european and asian cuisine You need to let us know if you are vegetarian or have some preferences, so we will be able to make special menu for you.
TIPPINGService of local staff is included to the program; however, it is polite to tip to local staff if the service has been very good. Also at your discretion, you might also consider tipping your tour manager in appreciation of the efficiency and service you receive.