Peak Prjevalsky 4273m
Category of difficulty: 1B to 4B
The duration of the season: from 15 July to 15 September
It's possible to climb from the south, east, west and north. Routes are combined - snow, rocks and ice. This destination is approachable both for experienced climbers and beginners. This peak attracts mountain lovers mostly because of the usual good weather and it is possible to see peaks Pobeda (Victory 7439m) and Khan-Tengri 7010m.
- Day 1. Briefing of the program, selection of equipment and meal
- Day 2. Transfer by car to Alp camp in Karakol valley (2 hours), than walking to Temir-Tor pass (4000 м). 5-7 hours walking. Camp on the glacier.
- Day 3. Ascent to Prjevalsky peak (2B), descent to Temir-Tor pass.
- Day 4. Descent to Alp camp, meeting with the car and transfer to Karakol. End of the service. Climbers should have their own equipment and staff for climbing.
- 1. Climbing harness
- 2. Anchoring, protection (prusik- 2 items 0.5m)
- 3. Carabiner, biner (3 for each one)
- 4. Crampons
- 5. Ice-axe
- 6. Jumar, ascender
- 7. Helmet8. Figure-8 (gear or knot), Munter hitch
The climatic conditions: This trip passes at altitude of 2,000 to 4273 meters, in the area of glaciers. In case of good weather temperature rises up to + 30C during day time, and may fall to 5-10C at night. In case of bad weather temperature may fall to 5C during day time, and drop to minus during night time. Sometimes it snows, snows with rain and biting wind. The weather is unstable in august. The weather may change quickly several times a day. Protracted rains are possible. That’s why sleeping bag shouldn’t be less than “medium” class, with comfortable conditions up to -10C. Also must have: windbreaker, water-repellent, thermal underwear, fleece sweater, mountain shoes suitable for crampons, spare shoes sandals ( it is possible cross the river ford), sunglasses, cap, gloves, flashlight, headlight, supergaiters, rainwear.
The price includes:
- Transfer by 4-wheel car
- English speaking guide and one assistant(food and equipment of guide and assistant)
- Groups more than 5 persons are provided with 2 assistants of guide
- Meal, porters, equipment and etc.
- Hotel accommodation and etc. not mentioned in the price of the program