Peak Prjevalsky 4273m and snow passes of Terskey Ala-Too
Category of difficulty: 1B to 4B
The duration of the season: from 15 July to 15 September
It's possible to climb from the south, east, west and north. Routes are combined - snow, rocks and ice. This destination is approachable both for experienced climbers and beginners. This peak attracts mountain lovers mostly because of the usual good weather and it is possible to see peaks Pobeda (Victory 7439m) and Khan-Tengri 7010m.
- Day 1. Transfer by car to Alp camp in Karakol valley (2 hours), than walking to Sirota camp (3-4 hours)
- Day 2. Temir-Tor pass (4000 м). 4-5 hours walking. Camp on the glacier.
- Day 3. Ascent to Prjvalsky peak (2B), descent to Sirota place. 7-8 hours walking.
- Day 4. Ascent to Ala-Kol lake. 4-5 hours walking.
- Day 5. Ascent to Peak Ala-Kol Kyry (2B, 4300 м). Walking hours 4-5 hours
- Day 6. Takyr-Tor pass (1B, 3700 м). Walking hours 7-8 hours
- Day 7. Approach to the pass Eki-Chat (2А, 3800 м). Walking hours 4-5 hours. Overnight under the glacier.
- Day 8. Eki-Chat (2А, 3800 м). Walking hours 7-8 hours.
- Day 9. Approach to the pass On-Tor (1B, 3900 м). Walking hours 4-6 hours
- Day 10. On-Tor pass. Walking hours 7-8 hours.
- Day 11. Approach to the pass 40 years of Kyrgyzstan (2А). Walking hours 7-8 hours. The rise to the top.
- Day 12. Crossing the pass 40 years of Kyrgyzstan (2А, 4000 м). Walking hours 9-10 hours
- Day 13. The descent to the "Glade of Flowers" (Kok-Jaiyk, Djety-Oguz)
- Day 14. Excursion to the waterfall “Lady’s plat”, Seven Bulls, "Broken heart." Return to Karakol on 4 wheel car.
1. Climbing harness
2. Anchoring, protection (prusik- 2 items 0.5m)
3. Carabiner, biner (3 for each one)
6. Jumar, ascender
8. Figure-8 (gear or knot), Munter hitch
The climatic conditions: This trip passes at altitude of 2,000 to 4300 meters, in the area of glaciers. In case of good weather temperature rises up to + 30C during day time, and may fall to 5-10C at night. In case of bad weather temperature may fall to 5C during day time, and drop to minus during night time. Sometimes it snows, snows with rain and biting wind. The weather is unstable in august. The weather may change quickly several times a day. Protracted rains are possible. That’s why sleeping bag shouldn’t be less than “medium” class, with comfortable conditions up to -10C. Also must have: windbreaker, water-repellent, thermal underwear, fleece sweater, mountain shoes suitable for crampons, spare shoes sandals (it is possible cross the river ford), sunglasses, cap, gloves, flashlight, headlight, supergaiters and rainwear.
The price includes:
- Transfer by 4-wheel car
- English speaking guide and one assistant(food and equipment of guide and assistant)
- Groups more than 5 persons are provided with 2 assistants of guide
- Meal, porters, equipment and etc.
- Hotel accommodation and etc. not mentioned in the price of the program
Equipment and items:
Recommended to have
WATERWhile on a trek, you are in the wild to enjoy the nature and the thrill of it. Its very important that you stay healthy and do not take ill on the trek to have a joyful experience in the wild. Water is important during trekking, we are providing boiled water or tea/coffee during breakfast, lunch, dinner, however boiling the water is limited, and it is not enough if you will need to fill up your bottles for next day. Water can be a cause of stomach problems on a trek. On the other hand, you need to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Water in some hills are also the source of water for animals and wild animals on the higher area. Always fetch water from running streams. The faster the better. Stagnant water has high risk of bearing pathogens, irrespective of the cold surrounding. Whereas, as fast gushing water has very low chances of bearing pathogens in it. It even has less particulate materials. You will be able to fill up water from natural springs, it’s the best as it acts as a natural filter and has very less chances of having particles in it. Local people same as a lot of tourist don't have a problems to drink water from the source, however if you are not sure please bring water cleaning pills with you for the trek from your homeland. You will not be able to find water cleaning pills in Kyrgyzstan.
LUGGAGE ON TOUR
TRECKKING GRADEYou need to have a good level of fitness and previous climbing experience is recommended. Trekking days are generally longer, challenging and at higher altitudes up to 3800 meters. Terrain may be difficult and ascents and descents are often demanding, especially during rain or snow.
INSURANCETravel insurance is NOT included. We recommend that clients have their own travel insurance against illness, injury, loss/damage to personal belongings. In case of emergency our staff will make all the best to delivery you to hospital or other point and solve your problem, insurance will cover your charges, if you don't have insurance, you will be required to cover charges by yourself.
MEALBreakfast: consist some of following dishes: Porridge, omelet, omelet with fried sausages, pancakes, scrambled eggs with sausage, boiled eggs and etc + bread, jam, butter, honey, sweets, tea/coffee. Lunch boxes or lunch: Dried fruits, chocolate, yogurt, juice, cheese, sandwich, vegetables/fruits and tea/coffee. Dinner: Our cooks is preparing european and asian cuisine You need to let us know if you are vegetarian or have some preferences, so we will be able to make special menu for you.
TIPPINGService of local staff is included to the program; however, it is polite to tip to local staff if the service has been very good. Also at your discretion, you might also consider tipping your tour manager in appreciation of the efficiency and service you receive.